TOP 10 BEST LAKES IN JAMMU AND KASHMIR
lakes in jammu and Kashmir, is a place that is especially known for its beauty and religious place. It is a place which is situated in the north of India and sharing the international border with Pakistan, Afghanistan, and China. This makes it more precious. Kashmir is called the heaven of the earth because of its natural Beauty like sizzling mountains, breathtaking valleys, famous lakes of Kashmir which are very clean and fresh water gives an amazing Feeling to the people. Sir today on this topic we are going to touch the 10 best lakes in Kashmir where you may.
visit while driving to lakes in Jammu and Kashmir
- Dal Lake: – It is one of the very famous lakes in Kashmir. This lake is made from a combination of three natural lakes. It is a different kind of lake from other likes because this league is having many things which make it different from others like waterways, channel, houseboat, floating ice lands which make it a mini Island look. It is one of the very famous attractions in Kashmir and especially in the city of Srinagar and to experience stay in a houseboat truly gives you an amazing experience which you had never gone through in your entire life. So there are many things you can do here like you can explore the island, you can leave in a houseboat as well as you can explore the floating gardens floating markets, swimming, And Shikara ride as well. It is situated in the heart of Kashmir’s city Srinagar.
- Nagin Lake: – it is one of the very beautiful lakes which provide a peaceful and authentic experience of lack life in Kashmir. This leg is surrounded by beautiful breathtaking Himalayan Mountains and Beautiful gardens nearby that lake. You can do many things over here like houseboat stay, Shikara ride, floating market, swimming pool, shopping, and many other things as well as it is a perfect place for the romantic trip experience. It is located in Srinagar. So whenever you visit Kashmir you must have to visit here.
- Wular Lake: – The Wular is one of the very famous lakes in Kashmir which is one of the largest freshwater lakes in Asia. It acquires an area of 130 km². It is two hours away from Srinagar located in the Bandipora district of Jammu and Kashmir. It is known for its rich biodiversity and many people are dependent upon this larger Lake like fishing, and thick vegetation. This lake is made in such kind of circumstances in which whenever a flood is a Kashmir Valley then would like can help to provide the protection. You can have a panoramic view from the top of the garden which is situated near to the lake and on the top of the hill so whenever you visit Kashmir you must go with this. Biodiversity lover and bird lover then Nal Sarovar Bird century is very near to the lake.
- Mansar & surinsar Lake: – it you are a nature lover then it is the perfect destination for you. The beautiful nature, Calm, peaceful, and scenic. If you visit during the summer then you can explore the lake full of a lotus flower. If you are visiting Kashmir then you must visit here and for a photography purpose, it is the best place for you.
- Gadsar Lake: – this lake is one of the highest lakes in Kashmir and through the Alpine trek you can reach till here. It is 28 km away from Sonamarg. It is rounded by alpine flowers and for the nature lover; it is the best place to visit. Situated on the zodiac La pass near the gateway of Ladakh.
- Mansabal Lake: – if you are an offbeat lover then it is the best place for you to visit. It is a paradise for bird watchers because it is a place where many antique birds are found. Nearby this you can also find a Mogul Garden which was made by Noor Jahan. It is the best mixture of beauty history and antique things. It is situated in the Ganderbal district of Jammu and Kashmir. There are many things which you can do here like birdwatching, campsite estate, nearby sightseeing, tracking base. So if you are looking to visit Jammu and Kashmir then you must visit here.
- Gangabal lake: – this wonderful lake is situated at the height of 3570 m from sea level. This lake is also known as Harmukh Ganga. It is located on the foothills of Haramukh Mountain. Here you can see many kinds of fishes including brown trout, rainbow and many other types which attract the people. It is the best place where you can enjoy the fishing season after getting permission. It is located in the Ganderbal district and north to the Srinagar city of Jammu Kashmir here you can do many things like trekking, fishing, photography, relaxing, and many other things. So if you are a fishing lover then you must visit here.
- Tso moriri lake: – it is one of the highest lakes in the world which is located 137 km away from Leh. Here you can see the amazing beauty of Rupsa Valley. What is the very peaceful place which is located near to the ministry and that will provide you positive energy while visiting this lake. Here are you can do many things like camping sightseeing. You can visit here on the way while traveling towards Manali to Leh. It is the best place recommended to spend a night here.
- Tsokar Lake: – It is the gems of India because the beauty makes us a fan of it. It is located near to the Rupso in Leh. It is one of the highest lakes in the world which is situated at a height of 5000 m. It is truly and wonderful lake which you do not want to miss. In this lake, you will find a heavy amount of salt which provide you a white color scene so you could take and different and amazing kind of pictures. So whenever you are visiting Ladakh and Jammu Kashmir you must visit this place.
- Pangong Lake: – It is one of the most beautiful plays in hall Kashmir and Ladakh which provides you unique and merged combination of watching the bird, peaceful environment, big mountains, and many other things. It is a perfect place for video and photography lovers and that is why there are many movies are shot like three idiots which is one of the most famous and success full movies of Bollywood. Whenever you are looking to visit Ladakh or Kashmir you can’t even miss this leg without visiting it. It is a perfect destination for everything like night camping, stargazing, swimming, photography, and many other things. You can visit hair from play after driving for five hours and after covering 150 km from Leh.