Best lakes in Odisha
Have you ever visited Odisha? Do you love to visit different and different places at an interest rate? Well, It is always great to explore a new thing and that is why most people love to visit amazing places in the world. If you talk about Odisha it is a stunning place which is located in the southeastern side of India along with the Bay of Bengal. This is one of the most beautiful places of India there are many people travel as a devoter. Because here Jagannath Puri temple is located which is one of the holiest Temple of India and one of the biggest fare is take place here named as Rath Yatra. Apart from its religious connection, it is also known for the beautiful things of natural beauty and that is why many people love to explore those things so in this topic we are going to cover some amazing Lakes which you must visit whenever you visit Odisha. So to know about those lakes please stay with us till the end of this topic I hope you like the content.
- Chilika Lake:- This is one of the most beautiful lakes which is located on the Daya river. It is one of the largest lakes in Orissa which is very popular all over India. This beautiful lake is spread over the Puri, Gunjan, Khurda districts of Odisha. It is the largest saltwater lake in India and the second largest in the world which provides an amazing experience when it is explored. This beautiful lake is around it with lush green forest on all sites. Here you can do many kinds of activities like birdwatching, Picnic, birdwatching, fishing and many other activities which people love while visiting here. November to March is the perfect time to visit this beautiful lake because many cybrarian birds fly down here during this time. So whenever you visit Odisha you must visit this amazing lake.
- Ansupa Lake:- It is located on the bank of the Mahanadi river and it is surrounded by the Saranda hills and Bilaspur hills. The natural beauty and exotic flora and Fiona make this place more amazing on and I tracked the tourist must. It is also the home of floating, submerged, and emerged and plants. This is one of the most beautiful Lakes where we can do any kind of activities like boating, swimming, fishing and many other things so you must visit whenever you visit Orissa.
- Kolab dam: – This beautiful place is located in the Jeypore town of Koraput district in Odisha. It is one of the most beautiful lakes in Odisha which is a man-made dam in Koraput. This beautiful dam is constructed on the Kolab and it was formed in 1993. It is the perfect destination for a picnic, weekend, boating, fishing, swimming and many other things which you may love to do. So whenever you visit Orissa you must visit this amazing place.
- Hirakud dam: – This beautiful dam is the second on the Mahanadi river. It is one of the largest man-made lakes in Odisha as well as one of the largest artificial lakes in the world as well. And that is why the structure of which attract most of the people to this spot. And a perfect destination for a picnic so whenever you visit Orissa you must visit this amazing place.
- Pata Lake:- This beautiful lake is located very near to Chhatarpur town. It isn’t a sweet water lake located in this town. This water is used for irrigation and the whole city is dependent on this lake for water purposes. It is the perfect picnic spot for the tourist to spend quality time and take some pictures at this place. This beautiful lake is also known for the best sunset view so whenever you visit Odisha you must visit this amazing place.
- Indravati dam: – This beautiful dam is located on the Indravati river. This gravity dam was formed a big lake and that is why it is one of the most beautiful and execution place offers A wide range of flora and Fiona and best picture scenario with charming beauty. The best time to visit this place is during monsoon season so whenever you visit Odisha you must visit this amazing place.
- Kanjia lake: – If you are visiting Bhubaneswar, then this lake should be your priority to visit. This beautiful lake is spread over 66 ha of land. This is considered a wetland of state. Here you can get a wide range of biodiversity of flora and Fiona which make it a more important lake for Orissa. After visiting Nandan Kanan Zoological Park people visit this place to spend their quality time. So whenever you visit Bhubaneswar or Odisha you must visit this amazing Lakes in Odisha.