Rishikesh Uttarakhand is “the yoga capital.”
Do you love to explore new and exciting places like Rishikesh Uttarakhand? Which one is your favourite place? (ऋषिकेश) Well, in this world, there are too many places available that are amazing to see, which can nourish your soul and provide inner peace. There are many fabulous places in this world as well, as some are holy places. In India, too many places are amazing in their beauty, and those places are holy, also. Daily, thousands of people visit holy places. India is a secular country, and most people are very spiritual, so India used to travel to sacred places like Haridwar, Rishikesh, Tirupati, and many more.
Visitors can see the holy places from East to west and north to south everywhere. People mostly obey the rules and regulations written in the holy book Gaeta, Quran, Bible and many other holy books written a long centuries ago. Still, even today, what was written in that time in these books can be related even today with human life, which is why people worship those books and these places. Today, we’ll talk about Rishikesh, a sacred site well-known in India and worldwide for its charming beauty. Please stay with us to learn about the heaven of earth.
Why is Rishikesh so famous among people?
Rishikesh is undoubtedly one of the nicest places to go if you’re considering a trip to India. Here you can see too many adorable things. It is known as India’s heaven since it is perched atop hills in the vast Himalayan mountain range. This place’s beauty is great enough that if anyone visited, they are then they will want to go back. It is often referred to as the “capital of yoga” because the top yoga instructors are here to give classes that might help you find inner peace.
Rishikesh is a known holy place in the Dehradun district in Uttarakhand. There are numerous temples dedicated to the powerful Lord Shiva. Which is worldwide famous, and a holy river that flows through this place is named Holy Gang. It is a tranquil place that has been a spiritual place and centre like The Beatles Ashram. This attracts people. The International Yoga Festival attracts visitors worldwide and is held here in the first week of March.
In Rishikesh, two prominent places are there, which most visit able places first Triveni Ghat and second belongs to ram Jhula and Lakshman Jhula, which is 2 km away from downtown.
Rishikesh Things To Do
Below are some activities to consider when visiting Rishikesh.
- Rafting in Rishikesh: – Rafting is done in a natural water body where you can do rafting on a boat with. It is an amazing god gift of nature in which rafting can be done by surveilling professionally trained staff. It can provide you live amazing movements and refreshed life and starts it with a new point of view.
- Lakshman Jhula:- is also a famous place, a hanging bridge across the holy river Ganga. It connects two villages, Tapovan in the Tehri Garhwal district and Jonk in the Pauri Garhwal district, which is located 5 kilometres to the northeast of the town of Rishikesh in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. Its length is 450 feet, and its height above the river is 70 feet.
- Ganga Aarti: – The Rishikesh Uttarakhand is a holy place; every day in the evening, the holy river Ganga’s aarti takes place on the bank of the Ganga River. Many priests stand on the bank of the river at the same time and are lit up with dainty floating diyas, and the smoke and sound used to be done by striking two metals which provide a positive vibe. This is the best part to see if anyone visits here, and just because of this aarti and many famous temples, it is known as a holy place. The aarti has been performed on several Ghats, but Parmath Niketan Ghat and Triveni Ghat are two very famous Ghats.
Best Time to Visit Rishikesh
September is the ideal month to visit Rishikesh Uttarakhand, as June and November are. During this time, people can see snowfall here, which is also attractive for visitors. Another good time is March, in which visitors can participate in the yoga festival, which is held in the first week of March.
How to visit Rishikesh?
It is a well-connected place with the rest of the Indian part. The nearest airport is Dehradun Airport which is just 35 km away from Rishikesh Uttarakhand. You can also take public transport like railways and the roadways, which are well connected with India’s capital.
- Ganga Aarti: – The Rishikesh Uttarakhand is a holy place; every day in the evening, the holy river Ganga’s aarti takes place on the bank of the Ganga River. It is a very special aarti Priests’ light floating diyas on the river bank, creating a serene atmosphere.
Visitor can see the traditional type of things which are amazing, and that is why it is very necessary not to miss the best part of the aarti to see many visitors visits here and just because of this aarti and many famous temples that is why it is also known as a holy place as well as a fun place. The aarti has been performed on several Ghats, but Parmath Niketan Ghat and Triveni Ghat are two very famous Ghats.
- Lakshman Jhula: – The Lakshman Jhula is also a famous place globally, a hanging bridge across the holy river Ganga. It connects two villages, Tapovan in the Tehri Garhwal district and Jonk in the Pauri Garhwal district. The Lakshman Jhula is 5 kilometres away toward the northeast of Rishikesh Uttarakhand. It measures 450 feet in length and rises 70 feet above the river, providing you with a unique experience of height and a view of the Ganga River. It was constructed from 1927 to 1929. This was opened for people on 11 April 1930.
- Ram jhula: – The Ram Jhula is also a famous place in the world; it is a hanging bridge across the holy river Ganga made with iron rode and iron chains. The Ram Jhula is 3 kilometres away toward the northeast in Rishikesh Uttarakhand. This bridge is used to connect two towns; the first one is the Sivananda Nagar area of Muni Ki Reti in Tehri Garhwal district to Pauri Garhwal district Swargashram river from west to East, which makes it convenient for the people to cross the river. It was constructed in 1986. It is bigger than Lakshman Jhula, having a 2 km distance and a height of 750 feet (230 m), making it more amazing to see.