Pondicherry, the incredible territory of India
Have you ever visited Pondicherry? Do you also have a dream of staying in Pondicherry? In India, seven territories are famous for their art and culture. In those territories, one of the renowned regions is pondicherry. It is also known as Pondy and is officially known as Puducherry. You can find it on the map of India nearby the southern part of India. It is known for its beautiful places where you can see many kinds of garden and their flowers, which looks like yellow mustard plants, making this place much more attractive and attracting visitors. Due to mustard plants, its streets of the French Quarter, and bougainvillaea-laden walls, it is also known as the white house.
Pondicherry has many kinds of French bakeries that provide you with the best French bakery taste and European culture in India. That is why many people in the world dream of spending holidays in the beautiful Pondicherry.
You will find here many kinds of cafes and restaurants that will provide you with the rich taste of seafood and the French taste for making your holidays a much rich experience.
Why should you visit Pondicherry?
Pondicherry is one of the best Indian territories in India. It was the french colony till 1954, and that is you you can see here the beautiful architecture of the french, which is why this is also called the mini France of the world. Here you can see many people use the french culture as well with the south Indian mixed. Due to the south Indian area and the French history, you can feel that people use English, French, and the south Indian language. If anyone wants to feel the french test in India, then you must visit Puducherry.
Places to visit in Puducherry
There are many places to visit in Puducherry to make your holidays better.
- Paradise Beach – Paradise beach, even from its name, you can get the idea that it delivers you the best holiday experience. It is also known as the Plage Paradiso. It is situated in Chunnambar and near Puducherry town. You can see here the golden sand and the amazing view of the blue sea. Here you also can do boating and sunset photographs which give you a unique experience.
- Aurobindo Ashram – The Sri Aurobindo Ghosh created this ashram. This ashram was founded on November 24, 1926. This ashram is especially known for providing moksha and inner peace to people. Many people came here to visit the Aurobindo Ashram to get spiritual knowledge. It does not have any branches available, so you need to visit the Aurobindo Ashram if you want to learn about moksha and inner peace.
- Scuba diving – If you are a fun lover, then you must visit here. Puducherry offers you the scuba diving experience that invites people to make their memories great and special for adventure lovers.
- Arikamendu – The name Arikamendu has been taken from the Tamil language and means ‘eroding mount.’ It is an ancient Roman trade Centre. This port was occupied by the people of roman Cholas and the French. It was a very famous maritime from the first to the second century. If you want to visit Arikamendu place, you have to travel for about half an hour.
- Cafes – In Pondicherry, there are too many cafes available that provide you with the rich taste of food and bakery products which give you the European taste. The food is famous, and many kinds of designs and structures were made, which are the most loveable among the visitors.
- Auroville – It was established on February 28, 1968, by the idea of the Mother of Sri Aurobindo Society, Mirra Alfassa, which is based on the theme of making everyone educated and developing the thinking of humankind and removing the castism theme. When is the best time to visit Puducherry?
To visit Puducherry, you must go in the winter season between November to march month. You can see the rain in the nearby forest, which will provide you with a unique experience. The winters will be cold temperatures, so you, the visitor, can visit the whole day without any disturbance.
Way to reach Puducherry?
You can reach Puducherry in several ways, like through railways, air, or from roadways. It is a well-connected area from the rest of India. The nearest international airport is Chennai, which is 125 km away from white town. The nearest railway station is at Villupuram Railway Junction, which is 37 km from Pondicherry, so you can make your trip plan easy. And this is one of the best destinations for the weekend and to spend the holidays in India. It is cheaper also so you can plan your trip with a small budget too.